Fan's of the Bravo TV show Inside the Actor's Studio will remember the questionnaire that James Lipton asks the guest at the end of the interview. The questions come from a very old survey popularized, but not invented, by writer Marcel Proust. Not that anyone cares. He only asked a few of the questions and the survey actually is much longer. It's kind of like all of those stupid MySpace questionnaires that I can't help answering but in kind of an 1890s way. Anyway, now that I'm in summer and have a bit more time on my hands I've been looking for a way to start blogging, despite my disinterest with it. So here it is:
1. Your favorite virtue/The principal aspect of my personality
Answer: My desire to be truly known by others.
2. Your favorite qualities in a man.
3. Your favorite qualities in a woman.
Answer: Patience, strength
4. What you appreciate the most in your friends
Answer: Sincerity and the ability to open up and not try to hard to impress anyone.
5. Your main fault
Answer: I tend to cripple underneath stress or when something may seem too tough. I tend to under prepare and get lazy until the last minute.
6. Your favorite occupation.
7. Your idea of happiness
Answer: Doing things with people who I love.
8. Your idea of misery.
Answer: Being with people who have contempt, disrespect, or simply don't like me.
9. If not yourself, who would you be?
Answer: A mountain climber from some Nordic country.
10. Where would you like to live?
Answer: I saw a news story on The Netherlands and how they have to pay 50% of their paycheck in taxes, but college and healthcare, and I'm sure lots of other things are free. They have very little cares and get lots of vacation time. I think I could handle that.
11. My favourite colour.
Answer: Blue, it is very relaxing and people say that I have pretty blue eyes. Of course they're hidden behind glasses nowadays.
12. The flower that I like the most.
Answer: a girl gave me a Tiger Lily once for an opening night. I was very impressed like I had not been impressed with a flower, nor have I since. Flowers don't generally hold any kind of special allure for me, but that was a really cool flower.
13. Your favorite authors.
Answer: J. D. Salinger, Jon Krakauer, Malcolm Gladwell, J. K. Rowlings
14. Your favorite poets.
The Shins, Lord Byron
15. Your favorite heroes in fiction.
Answer: Max Fisher, Michael Corleone, John Dorian, Michael Bluth
16. Your favorite heroines in fiction.
Answer: Marge Gunderson, Pam Beesly, Maria from West Side Story
17. My favorite composers.
Answers: Mark Mothersbaugh, Pachabel, Maurice Ravel
18. My favorite painters.
Answers: Van Gogh, Picasso,
19. My heroes in real life.
Answers: Barack Obama, John Stewart, Tim Russert, King David, Jesus
20. Your favorite heroines in real life.
Answers: Anne Frank, My Mom, My Grandmother
21. What characters in history do you most dislike.
Answers: Adolf Hitler, Woodrow Wilson, Caligula, King George 3 of England
22. Your favorite food and drink.
Answers: Beer and Pizza
23. Your favorite names.
Answers: Calvin, Hobbes, Kyle, Amanda, Dylan, Lennon, Kelly, there's more.
24. What I hate the most.
Answers: hate, greed, my own faults.
25. The military event I admire the most
Answers: D-Day in Normandy, France.
26. The reform I admire the most (This is an old survey)
Answers: Jack in the Box's corporate reformation in the early 90s
27. The natural talent I'd like to be gifted with
28. How I wish to die
Answers: Young: falling from somewhere very high. Old: asleep.
29. What is your present state of mind.
Answers: (This is Proust's own answer) "Boredom from having had to think about myself to answer all these questions."
30. For what fault have you most toleration ?
Answers: Social Awkwardness
31. My motto. Do what you got to do.