I just created a BLT Sandwich that was so awesome I want to share it with the world. I made this sandwich with lower fat ingredients due to me being on Weight Watchers*. However, as you'll see, it's not really that good for you. Oh, we'll. Here it is.
2 slices of whole wheat bread
4 slices of Center Cut Bacon (or regular bacon, but center cut is lower in fat, but that probably doesn't matter)
2 slices of American Cheese
1 leaf of iceberg lettuce
2 slices of tomato
1 sandwich stack sliced Clausen pickle (Clausen are crunchier than regular pickles)
2 tablespoons of light mayonnaise
1 tablespoon of light butter or margarine
Spicy brown mustard
Salt and pepper
1. Fry the bacon like you normally would in a frying pan. Do not microwave or bake or do some other kind of ridiculous thing. Once the bacon is finished place on a paper towel covered plate to cool and collect some of the fat. I'm not really sure what the point of soaking up the fat is, given what is about to happen. (DO NOT throw out the bacon fat that remains in the frying pan.)
2. Spread butter or margarine on one side of each slice of bread.
3. Place a slice of cheese on the buttered side of each slice of bread.
4. Place the bacon on one side then close your sandwich.
5. Spread mayonnaise on both sides of the outer side of the sandwich. Make sure you still have about 1/2 Tbsp remaining.
6. Fry the sandwich in the bacon fat remaining in the frying pan. About 3-4 minutes on each side. Place on a clean paper towel to soak up some of the bacon fat. Again, this is sort of a laughable thing to do, but it might give you some sense that you are a reasonable person.
7. Carefully open the sandwich. It's okay if the bacon doesn't all end up on the same side. Just don't let the bread tear. There will be cheese all over the place. This is a good thing.
8. Place the lettuce, tomato and pickle (in that order) on one side of the sandwich.
9. Slather the remaining mayonnaise on top of the pickle.
10. On the non-vegi/mayo side squirt a respectable amount of spicy brown mustard.
11. Salt and pepper the mayo/vegis to taste.
12. Close the sandwich.
13. Cut the sandwich in half at a diagonal...A DIAGONAL!!!
14. Eat that thing and thank me in your dreams. Chips go well with it.
15. Go to the gym.
*Weight Watcher PointsPlus: 25**
**Based on 7 points for the bacon fat. It may be more or less, for all I know.