What I want you to know. Which is everything.

Thursday, April 06, 2006

My Evaluation

Yesterday I was evaluated. To say that it went well would be a little bit presumptuous since I didn't feel like it went well, but then again, my previous evaluations have always been done in my best behaved classes. Unfortunately, this year all three of my theatre 1 classes have a penchant for mischief. I didn't want him to come evaluate my tech classes since I don't really teach them lessons, per se. We pretty much just do stuff in there. So, while I can't claim to have had a "great" evaluation, I think things went fairly well with all things considered. Plus, I've always been surprised at the understanding and flexability of our administration. As my evaluator was leaving he told me that I did a good job and that things went well, but of course he could have just been b.s.ing me until the official time of horse-whipping. But, I actually think it went alright. I just wish that some kids didn't feel it necessary to act worse when an evaluator is there. Just bad enough to get on my nerves without actually doing anything to get in trouble for. The truth is I might have dealt with the misbehaving kids quite differently if I wasn't being evaluated.

I'm just glad it's over. I'm tired. Recovering from weeks of doing too much at one time. But, that's my way. I'm like a cheetah. I can run really fast for short distances. I'm working on my long game. This must be why I'm always so much better on the front 9.

1 comment: