What I want you to know. Which is everything.

Monday, September 11, 2006

(?!!

This is something I wrote right after the World Trade Center Buildings fell. Keep this in mind: I was really scared for the country.


Sat up in my bed.
Safe within these walls.
I still think I’ve got it bad.
I must have heard it wrong
The first time she said it.
I still wonder what’s for breakfast.

Every time I hear that we’ve been attacked
I stop to say that I’m filled grief.
But that’s not close to the truth.
I always feel nothing inside me.
I stand to defend the defenseless, first.
Always against the oncoming crowd.
The stream flows strong but I’m turned around.
I reach and I struggle for answers elsewhere.

If the mine lies in the east,
Then the hundred who cover those grounds
Will be sure to trip the earth.
But, here, it is in the west, where no one looked.
It’s disarmed now and cannot hurt anyone.


P.S. I'm still pretty scared.

P.P.S. I'm not afraid of terrorists.

No comments: