What I want you to know. Which is everything.

Friday, May 05, 2006

More Colbert Stuff (because I just can't let some things go)

This is more on the Colbert speech at the White House Corespondence Dinner by my predecessor here at Sterling.

Colbert is a comedian, which in my book makes him an artist. That he unflinchingly went for the jugular in this way automatically makes him one of the great Real Artists of our time. I only hope I can bat in his league some day.

I tend to agree with his sentiment even if I don't agree 100% with his view on Real Art, which can be read in full by clicking the link within the quote. Basically,(and I do agree with the most general aspects of this) art and artists in it's pure form shouldn't be censored or pull punches. Real art should also exsist to inspire change from a less desirable state to a more desirable state according to the artist. You can think of it as a persuasive essay, if you like. Don't forget to read my Shotgun blog, below. I have two today.

No comments: